Perfect First Date – A Few Tips
Now, in the times we are living in, dates are an inevitable part before any relationship. On the other hand, being in a relationship is a beautiful thing – yes it can get stressful at sometimes, but having an emotional partner by your side can be worth quite a lot. Given the fact that there are certain dating apps like Tinder that allow you to communicate and virtually meet people before going on a real date, the concept of real-life dating has changed in a way. And now people are pretty anxious when it comes to the day of your first meet up. But believe us, there is no reason for that.
Nobody says you should go to a first date completely uninterested – but you shouldn’t let that anxiety eats you. There is no reason to be unconfident or try and pretend to be something you really aren’t. In fact, the person you are meeting is likely feeling the same so there is no reason that you make a big deal out of it. Instead, try to be as relaxed as possible and actually enjoy the time. But how can your first date be perfect? Let’s go ahead and take a look.
What Not To Do On A First Date
While the first date doesn’t have to mean anything and it is absolutely not something that you should your potential partner on, it is still an opportunity to learn about them. On the other hand, if you want to feel like you are in dating heaven there are certain things that you certainly shouldn’t do. First and foremost, you shouldn’t go out there with any expectations – while this might some crazy the fewer expectations you have, the better it is for you.
1. You should be as relaxed as possible. Now, this might seem hard and ridiculous but if you go to a first date all anxious and stiff your chances of making a good impression aren’t that high. Simply realize that a first date is like any other gathering except you are meeting that person for the first time – but that is the fun of it, and you can simply continue all the stuff that you were chatting online, but now in real life.
2. Along with that, in no terms, you should get wishy-washy. If you have decided that the date will be at a fish restaurant don’t refuse to eat fish once you are there because you don’t like it. If you don’t enjoy certain food or drink say it on time, but no one will like a person that changes their opinion every 5 minutes.
3. Do listen and don’t look at your phone. It is absolutely justified to look at your phone if someone is calling or it might be an emergency; on the other hand, checking your phone every 2 minutes is rude and will let other people know that you aren’t following them.
Tips For A Perfect First Date
1. First and foremost, you should be open to listening to your partner. Believe us it will mean a lot to them, and you will be able to catch up on certain things. And if you carefully listen you will get to ask them a question relevant to their story and that will let them know that you are a good listener and someone they can rely on. Be interested in what they have to say instead of looking at your phone every 2 minutes waiting for that time to pass.
2. Now, clothing combinations are something that people care a lot when going on a first date. On the other hand, you shouldn’t get too adventurous when it comes to it – dress something that you feel nice and comfortable in, as that way you will be able to actually relax and enjoy yourself during that time instead of fixing your tight dress/shirt every few minutes. For example, Asian girls are very fond of well-groomed and stylishly dressed men, but in America, the style does not matter so much, the main thing is that you are neat.
3. Don’t worry about lack of topics – believe us topics will come, you just have to keep the flow of the conversation going and be genuinely interested in what do they have to say. Ask them questions like what are they passionate about, how does a typical day look for them, what do they look for in a person, etc. Still, try not to make it an interview but rather a relaxed conversation between you two where both will get to learn something about the opposite side.
4. Last but not least – do your best to be on time! And in no terms, you should be late on purpose.